Clay Cooley Chevrolet Of Galleria in Dallas, Texas - Worst Car Buying Experience

We purchased a used truck (45k after wheeling and dealing on a used 2017 with only 7k miles). You get a truck for that amount and expect everything to be working, right?

Wrong! We had a sales lady working with us that promised us a certain kind of leather seats to be included in the package. The following week after purchasing we took the vehicle back into Clay Cooley to send out for the leather installation. When we got the truck back not only did they put the wrong kind of leather in the vehicle they also did not fill the gas back up to what it was when it was dropped off.

The leather we wanted was to be the solid kind that was tight. What we got was perforated leather than was not tight. We get the vehicle back home and after only just a couple of days we noticed the leather had started sagging even more and was definitely not tight and we also found one of the bed cover latches was broken. We contacted the dealership to tell them about it the leather and the latch and we took the vehicle back in after arguing with them about who was at fault for the wrong leather being put in to begin with.

We took the truck back to the dealership to have the correct kind of leather put back in and was told that the latch would need approval to be replaced. Now, we bought the vehicle under the assumption with the bed cover included in the price that ALL components of that bed cover were working but now we have to have approval to get it fixed. Our plates had came in while it was getting the second leather installation done. They called and we asked that they be mailed but called back less than 5 minutes later to tell them we will pick them up when we pick the truck up.

So we waited, the truck's second leather installation was completed so we drove back up there to get it. This time they actually filled the gas back up when we asked them to. We inspected the leather and of course it was not done right again. We had a STAIN on the driver seat of the leather and the leather was still not tight as promised.

We were told that is the type of leather we were going to get being aftermarket and that we needed to contact the leather shop to find out why it's not tight. Then we went to get the plates and the lady at the front desk said they were mailed out to us. We told her we didn't get them and that we had asked to pick them up. She recalled the conversation and then called someone from the back and told the person that we told her to mail them out and that we waited until after the mail had ran that day to call her back to tell her that we would pick them up so they went out in the mail but now they are lost.

Um, we only waited maybe 5 minutes but I guess the customer is always wrong at this place. So we asked for another plate to be sent. They told us WE had to pay for the replacement plate and then they would reimburse us. I told the lady no, they were going to pay for it and we were not paying for another thing from this place.

So we left and about 2 minutes after we had gotten on the service road we got a call telling us they didn't mail the plates out and that they found them and to come back and get them. This place can't seem to get anything straight. Now, when you show people a vehicle and tell them at signing that the leather will look exactly like what the vehicles have on the lot, it should look like that. We were not given the leather we were promised.

Secondly, the latch was still not resolved either. We waiting 2 months of being given the run around waiting on an approval that we never got an answer to. I called back up to the dealership and spoke with the internet manager because the sales manager was out ( go figure). She basically said its a you owe, we owe agreement and we are given the opportunity before signing to inspect that all components are working and that she would check but it would boil down to even in court that they wouldn't owe it.

I never mentioned court. It seemed to me during this conversation after the mention of that this wasn't going to go over well and our latch and our leather was not going to be resolved. I also asked the lady what would happen if our leather seats are not to standard as to what we were promised. Of course, she didn't have that answer.

She referred us to the manager again and now it's a waiting game. We bought this truck about 2 and half months ago. They have had the truck at least half the time and now we are left with a broken bed cover and saggy leather that no one seems to have the answers for in regards to fixing them.

I would not recommend this company to anyone. We have had nothing but issues from the start.

Product or Service Mentioned: Truck.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Entire experience.

Clay Cooley Chevrolet Of Galleria in Dallas, Texas - Do Not Shop First or Last!!!!

Got my car from Clay Cooley back in February of this year (2017). A month after I got my car It overheated and started leaking coolant.

We got It towed to Clay Cooley and they fixed the problem or so they said. Fast forward 8 months fall has made its way around and the heater stops working. I take my Chevy to Clay Cooley and ask them if they can take a look under the hood just to tell me what might be going on. They say No because we have to pay 137 for a diagnostics test.

Ok, so we tell them we will bring the car back in two days (payday) to pay for the diagnostics test. Fast forward two days later and the car starts doing the exact same thing it did back in February(except a little worse-in my opinion)!!! It overheats, engine symbol comes on and A/C off message appeared. Not to mention a chiming sound happened..

It sounded similar to a car alarm? We put water in it to see if that helped..NOPE..drains the water pretty fast….so we go and get coolant. Put the coolant in it..thinking that should help..NOPE! Drains the coolant as well, so now we figure there must be a leak..on top of it overheating over night and the heater not working.

Not to mention i turned on the heat back in August and it was just fine! I remember I got a piece of mail sent to me stating that the car has a recall on it and that i should take it to Clay Cooley to get it checked out. When I went to Clay Cooley back in Oct. to ask them about the recall they told me that my car had no recalls on it.

Ok...so I get on a Chevy Cruze forum just to find out that people got a letter about a recall and experienced the same problems as I did. Here is a piece from the forum describing the very thing that happened with me and 2012 Chevy Cruze. "This letter is intended to make you aware that your 2012 model year Chevrolet Cruze vehicle equipped with a 1.4L engine may have an engine coolant leak from the water pump. The pump may leak from the weep reservoir or from the water pump shaft seal, leading to a drip of coolant onto the engine or onto the ground.

Over time, the loss of coolant will reduce cooling performance and eventually could lead to engine overheating. If this condition is not corrected, the " service Engine" indicator light may come on, an "Engine Hot, AC off" message may appear, a chime may sound, and the engine power may be reduced." Now my car is out of an engine and instead of them valuing their customer and trying to find a solution to all of this, they just keep sending me in circles. This was my first car and to be honest I shopped Clay Cooley first when I should’ve shopped him last...or maybe not at all! Worst experience ever and I don’t recommend anyone getting ANYTHING from Clay Cooley!

--Not to mention I did get a service check and oil change back in either Sept. or Oct.

and they NEVER mentioned a leak or any other problems except for the tires. Which we ended up replacing.

Product or Service Mentioned: Clay Cooley Chevrolet Of Galleria Car Repair.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Car.

I didn't like: Customer service, Services on car, Staff, Salesmen, Willingness to help.